Down to Earth Raw Vegan Food, Healing, Reiki, Yoga, Alternative Living, from the Girl Next Door.

Raw Next Door is soon to be a Raw Food Group, based in West Yorkshire. If you would like to be a part of it, please get in touch. Everyone is welcome!

Have a great day!

The girl next door...

Thursday 3 June 2010

I.B.S?

I went to the Doctors today. I never usually go, but last night I was doubled over in pain for about half an hour. I thought I had appendicitis or something, felt like my insides were going to explode. Thankfully not! I thought I'd better get this checked out, so off I went...

I can't say it was a very pleasant, or re-assuring experience. The Dr was shouting over me repeatedly when I was trying to explain what was wrong. For some unknown reason, he told me twice that I should go on the pill. We weren't even talking about contraception. He them went through a weird sequence of events. Firstly, telling me there was nothing wrong. Then He said I probably have IBS, and offered me some painkillers. I asked him to give me more information about it, so I could look further into how to heal it, the painkillers were all that was on offer. Then he said that I should come for some blood tests. I'm not trusting my health in the hands of the NHS anymore.

I can't believe I have IBS, I thought I had one of the healthiest diets ever! IM obviously going to have to take a good look at what I'm eating. I have decided to take the plunge and go 100% Raw, as from tomorrow. Seems the most sensible thing to do, to give my organs the best chance of healing. I know when I was 100% raw last time, I felt the best ever! Just gonna jump straight in for the full detox effect, and see what happens :).

If anyone has any tips (actually, I don't think I have any followers, ha) on raw food specifically for IBS, please would you let me know? Thanks. Im gonna blog about how I get on, and post some pictures and things.

I love this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVO9QnF1D0

No comments:

Post a Comment