Down to Earth Raw Vegan Food, Healing, Reiki, Yoga, Alternative Living, from the Girl Next Door.

Raw Next Door is soon to be a Raw Food Group, based in West Yorkshire. If you would like to be a part of it, please get in touch. Everyone is welcome!

Have a great day!

The girl next door...

Saturday 5 June 2010

Oooooh!

I've had a look into IBS, Crohn's disease, and Ulcerative Colitis. I think (I feel) I have Crohn's disease not IBS.

I started looking around on the net for websites that advocate Raw diet to heal Crohn's. I was surprised not to find any. Most of the things that I found said that people with Crohn's are not supposed to eat any raw fruit and veg! What?! What are they supposed to eat then? Surely raw fruit and veg is the best thing for any condition?

Anyway, I decided to start listening to my body again (it's been a long time since I have paid much attention to be honest, since having the baby) The only things that were speaking to me were watermelon, and green juice. I ate a whole watermelon throughout the day, and had two green juices. I don't really think this is enough calories for a breastfeeding mama, but my body wouldn't let me eat anything else.

Must have done me good anyway, my belly only looks about 3 months pregnant today, as opposed to 5 months for the last month or so. Phew! I could literally feel the goodness in the green juice going into my gut and soothing things down. All i put in it was radish greens, cucumber, celery, and lettuce. It felt very healing indeed! Although, not the best tasting juice i've ever had, I knew it was doing me a lot of good, and it didn't taste bad at all.

My baby boy has gone out for the day with his Daddy, so im just going to relax, do some Reiki, and drink more juice. 

I would love to hear from anyone who has had similar sorts of problems, and addressed them with raw food. There doesn't seem to be much information out there. Or maybe there is, and I just can't find it? Either way, I would love to hear from you :).

No comments:

Post a Comment